We just had this delicious tortang talong for dinner and I thought I should share the recipe ASAP to you guys, even my non-Filipino husband loved it! Quick and easy, anyone can do it. So without further ado let’s get on with the recipe: (sorry no video this time ☹️ )
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 12 mins |. Serves: 4
- 4 medium size eggplants
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium size onion – diced
- 2 tbsps mayonnaise or remoulade
- 1 tbsp mustard sauce
- 1 1/2 tsps garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- oil for cooking
- Grill the eggplants until the skin burns out.
- Peel off the skin and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs until a bit foamy then add all the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- One by one dip the eggplant in the egg mixture, flatten them using a fork, this allows better absorption of flavours.
- Using a frying pan in a medium-high heat, fry the soaked and flattened eggplants 3 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Serve right away. This is better served with vinegar, soya sauce & chili dipping, or just as it is.